Marlborough, working in partnership with the London Borough of Haringey, was asked to deliver public realm improvements including the introduction of SuDS to the areas adjacent to White Hart Lane Station as well as along White Hart Lane and all the intersecting roads to High Road West.
White Hart Lane is a high profile project in a very busy area of London. There are tight timescales and a responsibility to ensure local residents and businesses are able to function normally.
Client London Borough of Haringey Date May 2018 – June 2019 Duration Multi phase planned programme Value £2,350,000
Reconstruction & realignment of carriageway
Reconstruction of footpath
Installation of SuDS
Construction of rain gardens and planters
Installation of street furniture
Contributions towards the public: building social value:
– Providing job opportunities for local people.
– Extending our hands to keep the area clean (our people help to collect displaced rubbish bags scattered on the streets which are not accessible by the Veolia vehicle. All the collected waste bags are placed in a suitable location for Veolia to collect).
– Interaction with nearby schools.
– To reduce the impact on the environment, special care is given to protect all nearby trees which are directly affected by the construction works.
– Ongoing interaction with the public so as to minimise the impact of construction works in their day to day life.
“One of the things I value most is their very collaborative and transparent team culture. It makes a big difference to have a contractor who wants to work closely with us and is supportive and responsive. With Marlborough, I get a team who are attentive, work collaboratively and honestly with me and don’t lose focus on delivering first class communications and compliance.”
Carly Norris, Project Manager Operations, London Borough of Hackney
“We saw huge benefits in appointing Marlborough as our full service contractor and we’re impressed – they’ve delivered consistent high quality service and superior quality control across every project. Marlborough, provide us with a ‘one-stop’ shop solution – we get the same quality of service and better control across all aspects of the project.”
Darren Bryant, Principal Engineer, London Borough of Enfield
“Over the last 25 years, I’ve worked with a lot of different contractors and Marlborough is one of the few companies that are passionate about delivery. With Marlborough we get one team, with the perfect blend of skills and experience: established gangs, proactive Project Managers and fully engaged Operations and Senior Directors. Time after time, Marlborough has proved themselves to us and pulled out all the stops to get the job done."
Rob Wybrow Construction Manager, Be First on behalf of Barking and Dagenham Council
Please see our privacy notice for more information on how Marlborough Highways Ltd take care of your details.