Bid Writer Support
Overall Role Purpose:
Provide writing and content support to the Bid Writer. Work with internal and external teams to produce first-class written submissions. This will include writing sections from scratch, from interviews or proofreading and correcting documents produced by others. Work with bid coordinators on presentation styles and formatting of documents. Research and compile case studies and content for adaption and inclusion in Tenders. Compiling and developing publications from internal information – Social Value, Sustainability, Innovation etc.
- To receive direction & instruction from the Bid Writer to assist the development and content of quality bids/writing content.
- Attend site visits to gain onsite knowledge and develop case studies.
- Meet key Marlborough teams, subcontractors/suppliers with respect to getting evidence of past jobs and the tender specific developed solution.
- Research client background & strategies and relate that information to the Bid Writers.
During Tender periods: under the direction of the Bid Writer
- Communicate, liaise and work effectively with the Bid Manager and the Bid Team in order to produce good quality bids for submission.
- Discussions with Estimators, Buyers, Planners, Ops Support/Contract Managers, Directors, Design Team (external), Subcontractors/Suppliers, Client Team, Business and Marketing Manager and Business Improvement Manager.
- With direction from Bid Writer: produce draft written quality sections for all aspects of the delivery process either from own knowledge or information gained by interview from the internal & Operations teams.
- Monitor progress on tender deliverables.
- Attend and contribute to mid-bid reviews.
- Review the final submissions to ensure accuracy before submission.
- Assist in presentation preparation for both mid-bid presentations and post-submission presentations.
- From time to time support and assist with the completion of ITT and SQ returns.
- Attend pre-and post-award meetings with clients to facilitate the operational and commercial handover of the project.
- When required meet clients on successful & unsuccessful bids to gather feedback on the quality and use this information to continually improve for future tenders.
- Analyse client feedback and ensure continual improvement is carried forward.
- Assist with the presentation of the project to the senior management team.
BUSINESS CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT:
- Assist with the development and maintenance of data libraries.
- Assist sites with data capture and link back to the business development team.
- Attend project closeout meetings and facilitate the production of suitable material.
- Visit live contracts to review value engineering and current best practice and feedback knowledge into Bid Team and future tenders.
- A-level in English Language or equivalent by experience.
- Ability and experience of interpreting and “outline” writing /describing quality responses to support the Bid Writer.
- Experience/ training in copywriting.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of IT – Microsoft: Word & Excel.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with demanding timescales.
- Ability to build effective relationships and communicate well across the Marlborough business.
- Ability to continually improve the quality of work sent out by Marlborough.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
Values and Behaviours:
Marlborough is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer and encourages diversity.
We are proud to have a zero employment barrier policy and welcome job applications from the disabled, the long-term unemployed and priority groups.
- Professional: we work to maintain our excellent track record, and continue to develop our industry-leading expertise.
- Supportive: we foster an environment of collaboration, empowerment, and a culture of shared success.
- Flexible: we are an open, responsive and resilient organisation.
- Trustworthy: we instil a culture of trust and honesty throughout all aspects of our work.