Head of Marketing and Communications
Overall Role Purpose:
To support the effective delivery of the marketing and communications plan, creating a strong presence and reach to promote Marlborough Highways and build their reputation and vision as ‘the people that people want to work with’.
To work closely with the Head of Marking and Communication, helping to create new and exciting strategies and ideas to promote Marlborough internally and externally, as well as ensuring all marketing activities are effective and delivered to plan. These strategies will contribute to the overall business and marketing plan and help create opportunities and build brand awareness.
- Write strong marketing copy for the website, news articles, social media, emails, brochures, presentations and leaflets.
- Update website with images and news articles and be able to optimise and improve the content.
- Maintain social media platforms and plan and create content.
- Update Marlborough’s internal news board and send out regular news updates to employees.
- Grow our external email mailing list and send out regular news and updates.
- Write case studies for each of our completed schemes (or as required), taking photos and working with relevant people within the business to gather all the information required.
- Regularly visit sites across Essex and London to take photos of our work.
- Manage shared image library.
- Produce a monthly marketing report.
- Provide support to maintain client relationships, working on joint marketing and communication campaigns.
- 1 -2 years’ experience within marketing, PR, digital, web or communications role is preferred
- Confident managing social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience of writing accurate, imaginative copy with the ability to communicate across all mediums with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of web content management systems and email software
- Ability to manage multiple projects with good prioritisation skills
- A creative thinker that can work as part of a team
- A confident photographer with a good understanding of lighting and placement.
- A good understanding of SEO and an interest in the development of social media and digital technology which can be utilised to positive effect
- Own car required with full driving license.
Please click here to apply. On your application, please state why you think are you suitable for this role, your salary expectations and your availability.
Values and Behaviours:
Marlborough is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer and encourages diversity.
We are proud to have a zero employment barrier policy and welcome job applications from the disabled, the long-term unemployed and priority groups.
- Professional: we work to maintain our excellent track record, and continue to develop our industry-leading expertise.
- Supportive: we foster an environment of collaboration, empowerment, and a culture of shared success.
- Flexible: we are an open, responsive and resilient organisation.
- Trustworthy: we instil a culture of trust and honesty throughout all aspects of our work.